Friday, February 09, 2007

Does Blogging Help?

[1]. How easy has it been to set up your Independent Study blog and to get used to posting things on it? Were you given enough support in doing it? What other help would have been useful?

As we had our practical production blogs, so setting this one up and posting was easy. No other help would have been useful, its pretty straight foward and easy to set up.

[2]. How did the blog help with your research? Did the blog motivate you to do more and better research? How? Why?

Yes i found the blog helpful as all my work was in one place. I suppose the blog did motivate me as it meant i could just post up my ideas anytime and i would know where everything was.

[3]. Is it useful having all the Independent Study/blog tasks posted on the Macguffin blog? Does it make it more likely that you will get them done?

Well i found it useful because i would find all the homework i missed on the Macguffin blog, however it doesnt help havin internet or blogs problems as it didnt exactly let me sign in everytime i tired - i dunno why it has now though [ =S taking advantage of it by doing all my work now lol]

[4]. How often (honestly!) do you check the Macguffin blog? (Remember, it should be at least twice/week).

After 2 or 3 days.

[5]. Has it been useful being able to see and access everyone else’s research and planning through their blogs?

I suppose yes, as you can add to your research and when with our independent studies.

[6]. How do you feel about the fact that your teacher can keep a close check on your progress through accessing your blog? Is it too intrusive and controlling or is it encouraging and supportive?

I think it encouraging and supportive, its intrusive to an extent but thats whats teachers are here for to help us as much as they can.

[7]. How useful have the comments been that you received from…a. Macguffin, b. other students.

I havent recieved any comments from macguffin but other students comments are helpful as i might have missed seomthing out.

[8]. How has the blog helped with your essay planning? How useful was the blog when it came to writing the essay? Do you think your first draft is better because you have used a blog?

Planning my essay was soo much easier as i knew i had most of my research on my blog. After i had done my essay i coudl go through my blog and make sure i didnt miss anything out.

[9]. How would you evaluate the quality of your blog? What could you have done better?

My blog is excellent! Ive done everything and extra too! I dunno what i could have done better though?

[10]. Do you think you will get a better final grade for your independent study through having used a blog?

Well all my research was in one place so i found it easier to do my independent study, but doubt i would get a better grade just because of the blog, as i would have done the research anyway but it would have been on paper.

[11]. Which are the best three blogs? Why?

I believe everyone have good blogs, they all done the research needed to help them. However the blogs i found useful and informative to me were: Navdeeps, Heena's & Avinash's.

[12]. Do you think next year’s Year 13s would benefit from setting up an Independent Study blog?

Yes, it will help them to be more organized with their work.

[13]. Are there any negative aspects to preparing for an Independent Study using a blog?

Not really, except when you have bad internet connections or random blog problems, which btw ive been having!

[14]. What could be done to improve teaching and/or learning in future through blogs?

Erm, for macguffin to actually post up comments on our blogs to tell us if we have missed anything out.

[15]. Overall, are you pleased that we used blogs? Has it been interesting and enjoyable? Why? Why not?

I think its much better than having folders, as it keeps us more organized meaning we didnt lose any sheets, make the blog more interesting and share ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home